At Synergy Autism Center, we provide individual and parent-mediated intervention. We support and guide parents to be the best guides for their children of any age and any ability. Parent mediated intervention combined with specific focus on developing social engagement has proven to be the most successful combination in treating the challenges associated with autism.
Once an individual is ready to take on the responsibility to learn to guide his own decisions, we tailor our services to that individual and mentor(s) of their choice.
We provide parents, mentors, teachers, and other professionals the tools to connect and guide people with autism in any location around the world by incorporating the most current research in the field of autism and neurological development with parent and mentor guidance. We meet both online and in person with our clients.
We have developed specific methods that target the core issues of autism through training mentors and parents to understand and offer opportunities to guide developmental progress.
We offer parent-mediated applied behavior analysis combined with social-cognitive interventions for the most comprehensive and long lasting results. If you are seeking individuals to work directly with your child, we do not hire people to work in your homes or in our center. Rather, we provide consultation, training, and counseling to those close to the child/individual so that intervention is embedded in daily life.
Barbara Avila is the owner, lead counselor and trainer for parents and other guides. Barbara's background is in psychology, family systems, and a multitude of autism interventions. She is a strong advocate for community collaboration and brings parents and professionals the most comprehensive and cutting edge information available.
Services available through Synergy:
- Individual family training
- Individual teen & adult counseling/coaching
- Home visiting and coaching
- Team trainings and workshops, including Synergy Autism Mentorship Training - Level 1 & 2
- Consultation to individuals or teams regarding autism and/or behavior management (live, online, or recorded options available)
- Guidance for even the most complex issues facing families, school teams, and medical professionals regarding autism
- Online or in person services available to serve you in Portland Metro or anywhere in the world
- Video coaching to provide you with feedback quickly and efficiently for real change
- Live or pre-recorded segments for trainers and/or administrators to put into presentations specific to a team's needs
Barbara is a certified Relationship Development Intervention® Consultant.
For more information about RDI, please CLICK HERE.
Barbara is also level 1 Gottman Trained. For more information on the Gottman Institute, CLICK HERE.
Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
– Elizabeth Stone
Current clients can schedule an appointment with Barbara without the hassle of back and forth emailing and/or phone calls.
We are accepting any new clients at this time. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please first call or email Jonathan at 503-432-8760 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Do you have a question about our services? Do not hesitate to call. We are happy to answer questions you may have.