At Synergy Autism Center, we connect current research in autism with direct service to individuals and families. We understand that individuals live in families and communities who can and wish to support them.
We provide parent-mediated intervention, proven to be the most successful in treating the challenges associated with autism.
We provide parents, teachers, and other professionals the tools to connect and guide people with autism of any age, any ability, and in any location around the world incorporating the most current research in the field of autism and neurological development.
We have developed specific methods that target the core issues of autism through training parents to understand and offer opportunities to guide developmental progress.
We offer applied behavior analysis combined with social-cognitive interventions for the most comprehensive and long lasting results. If you are seeking individuals to work directly with your child, we do not hire people to work in your homes or in our center. Rather, we provide consultation, training, and counseling to those close to the child/individual so that intervention is embedded in daily life.
Barbara Avila is the owner, lead counselor and trainer for parents and other guides. Barbara's background is in psychology, family systems, and a multitude of autism interventions. She is a strong advocate for community collaboration and brings parents and professionals the most comprehensive and cutting edge information available.
Services available through Synergy:
- Individual family training
- Individual teen & adult counseling/coaching
- Home visiting and coaching
- Team trainings and workshops, including Synergy Autism Mentorship Training - Level 1 & 2
- Consultation to individuals or teams regarding autism and/or behavior management (live, online, or recorded options available)
- Guidance for even the most complex issues facing families, school teams, and medical professionals regarding autism
- Online or in person services available to serve you in Portland Metro or anywhere in the world
- Video coaching to provide you with feedback quickly and efficiently for real change
- Live or pre-recorded segments for trainers and/or administrators to put into presentations specific to a team's needs
Barbara is a certified Relationship Development Intervention® Consultant.
For more information about RDI, please CLICK HERE.
Barbara is also level 1 Gottman Trained. For more information on the Gottman Institute, CLICK HERE.
Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
– Elizabeth Stone
Current clients can schedule an appointment with Barbara without the hassle of back and forth emailing and/or phone calls.
We are not accepting any new clients at this time. However, if you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please call Jonathan at 503-432-8760. Thank you.
Do you have a question about our services? Do not hesitate to call. We are happy to answer questions you may have.